-300 grams of chestnuts
-800ml (homemade) vegetable stock
-50g cashew nuts soaked for a couple of hours
-small bunch of chives
-one garlic clove
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut a cross into the top of the chestnuts do they won't explode in the oven.
3. Then place them on a backing tray and put them in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Once the edges of the cross are starting to pull back, they are ready. Take them out and let them cool
down a little before you start peeling.
4. Heat a soup pot and add 2 tbsp of olive oil, add the chopped garlic, and saute for a couple of seconds. Then add the chestnuts and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. In another pan, bring the cashews and some water to a simmer. And simmer until soft. Use a blender to make it into a cream pulls until smooth.
6. Use a stick blender to liquefy. The soup.
7. Chop the chives and add to the soup.
8. You can choose to add the cashew cream before or after serving. .