WHO DOESN’T LOVE A PROPER STACK OF PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST!?
But you still want to stay happy and healthy, and will those traditional pancakes reach that goal?
That’s why I have created this plant-based and Ayurvedic version. That will keep you happy and energized throughout your morning.
These pancakes are sweet, nourishing, and easy to digest perfect for kindling your morning fire, and no worry that they will make you constipated, bloated, or fat.
It’s all about balance.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1.5 cups plant milk
- .5 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground clove
- Pinch of cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp oil more for frying
- 400g pumpkin chopped and peeled
- Raw walnuts (optional)
1. Cook the pumpkin until tender, then use a stick blender to puree it.
2. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the batter by first mixing the dry ingredients and then little by little adding the wet ingredients. Stir until you have a smooth mixture.
3. Add the puree little by little and spoon through the batter until combined.
4. Heat a frying pan and add a little drop of oil once the pan is hot add about 1/3 a cup of batter.
5. Brown on both sides. Flip once it is dry, or it might break.
6. Enjoy with some walnuts or extra maple syrup.